Wait? Read that again.
You CAN make more money from your customers and save them money in the process.
Webapp projects can range from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Designing your project with a JumboLogic spec will:
- Ensure your customers are involved and will know what the end result will be
- Let you identify holes or issues in your design before it’s built
- Keep your team members and customers on the same page
- Allow you to provide better estimates
- Doubles as high level documentation
Benefit to You, the web developer:
You can charge your client for the specification services. Often, you are able to charge this fee up front while studying a project. This saves you from having to spend lots of time creating estimates for projects that don’t come through.
You will have something to reference if disagreements arise or changes need to be made. We’ve found that the clarity to the customer saves you a lot of headaches down the road.
Benefit to your customer
Your customer will have documentation that can follow the webapp through its operational lifespan.
Customers will also be able to provide important feedback early in the product development cycle saving valuable time and resources going in circles later on.